Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Rockin' Dinner!

Okay, I know it sounds cocky, but - well it was. And, don't roll your eyes Cassie, it was 100% vegan and organic! Go ME! And, grand total for cost... around $8.00. (I think that Dave Ramsey is rubbing off - ACK!) Anyway, here is what it is...Soybean Pasta, vegan "ground beef" by boca, Some crushed roma tomatoes with thyme, lots of basil, garlic, and ground pepper. The bread is "vegan" pizza dough. I got it at Ukrops. Then I made some pesto... (basil, olive oil, pinenuts, and garlic) and put it on the bread. Soooo, there was no butter. Just spread pesto on it instead. Oh, I also sprinkled a little fresh basil over top of the bread. Good stuff. And, the meal had 54g of protein. Phenomanal. Here it is on the plates... Looks yummy, huh? And the best part - the kids ate it all and wanted more. (Now, Isabella didn't want the bread - she said she didn't like green stuff on bread). But otherwise, a hit. By the way, the big, black tupperware is for Ali, he has class late tonight.


Next funny thing. I keep telling Ali what a fan I am of Barack Obama. I like him. Judge me if you must. Anyway, I digress. So, the other morning, I tell Isabella to go to daddy and say, "Obama '08!" She looked at me with those big brown eyes and said, "What for?" My witty reply, "For President, of course!" (Remember - she is 4)
She looked at me and said, "I am not saying that. I want old man Lincoln to be president." Hmmmm. How do you break it to you child that her canidate has been dead for almost 143 years? Tough one.
Abraham Lincoln

2 comments:

~cassie~ said...

Dinner looks yummy...

I agree with Bella...Abe would be a very good candidate...He'd get my vote!!!!

Kristie said...

Abe looks better everyday, huh?