Friday, February 1, 2008

Boo-yah!


It is pouring the rain, and I am having an outstanding day! And, it is only 11 am. I got a new lens for my camera...excited. But what is more exciting, is my battle of the "bulge". I have been fat. Really fat. Still felt fat. Body Dysmorphic Disorder, maybe? Workout all the time. Yoga junkie, pitaiyo nut, bodypump master, cycle like Lance, still felt fat. Well, last week, I got into my "goal" jeans. I was excited, but disappointed in a way. Still felt huge, and thought that maybe I should have bought smaller "goal" jeans.
Well, this morning I go to Wal-Mart, and I see a friend of mine that I haven't seen in quite a while. She didn't know how hard I have been working at this. She genuinely seemed floored when she saw me. She just seemed really shocked. YES! Could it be that I am almost there?
I know, that we, as women, are probably never 100% happy with our bodies, but I had a loathing of mine. Well, NO MORE! I have finally flipped that switch! Sure, I have some stretch marks, my thighs are not something out of Victoria's Secret, but thank God I am healthy! This is my vessel to travel through this life, and I will treat it well and enjoy it! I am so thankful right now! Without God, Nothing would be possible - with him, everything is within reach!
I am going to give you a little before and after... Let me know what you think...

5 comments:

Nicole said...

I have been telling Cassie...and I think I said something to you once...that I am floored at how much weight you have lost!!! You look AWESOME!!! I know it is hard and you have stuck with it and look great...you should feel great about yourself!!! Love ya!

Jennifer said...

Hi there!

I didn't know you had a personal blog until the other day when you left the comment on mine!! Welcome!!
Glad to have you!

You look great! Great job Skinny Girl! You have been working hard and it shows!! Doesn't it feel great to SEE and FEEL what you have accomplished!!

Have a great weekend
Jennifer =-)

Unknown said...

Kristie...you look absolutely amazing. Way to go girl. I am in the process of trying to lose some leftover baby fat that little Brayden was so sweet to give me.

You should be proud...you have worked hard and it definately shows.

You go girl.

Diana Barr

Tanja said...

I saw the picture of you and your daughter the other day and thought how great you looked... thinner than I remembered you from your visits home. Great work... and it is surely work!

Nicole said...

Okay...I know I am a bit slow...but I just realized the picture on the left was YOU!!! I am super shocked now!!! You look so good...very impressed!! ;)