Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Fritailian? What is that?




Okay, I love coffee. I love starbucks. I love Dunkin Donuts. I don't play favorites with my kids or coffee. But, when something is dumb, well, it just is. I assume that they are making fun of the Starbucks menu. But what can't be pronounced there? Mocha? Americano? Espresso? Pumpkin Spice? C'mon. Oh, wait, could they mean words like Latte'? Here is wikipedia's answer on the definition of "latte" if you were wondering...

In Italian, latte is simply the word for milk. What in English-speaking countries is now called a latte would be referred to in Italy as "caffelatte" or "caffellatte" literally "coffee and milk", similar to the French café au lait and the Spanish café con leche. Caffelatte is today part of the defined international coffee menu, which also includes cappuccino and espresso.

The most important part of this post... Check out the beverage that they are clearly promoting in the end... So, Dunkin Donuts, I believe, at least according to Wikipedia, It is Italian.

1 comment:

Tanja said...

For your viewing pleasure, I give you the following:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFLs9RI8mSA

I hope it works. I saw it on another blogger's site and immediately thought of it after reading your current blog entry!

:-)