Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The Man From Mali....



Oh, my son. What can I say? Could it be that he is the spitting image of my husband? Don't get me wrong, he is an amazing man and I adore my husband, it is just amazing how much alike they are. So, I get a note from school stating that they would have a project due on Thursday, the 31st. The project will consist of them "decorating" a cardboard cutout(shaped like a human) in the genre of Ancient Greece, Ancient Rome, or Ancient Mali. How easy Rome would be. Greece, we have tons of books on. Does he pick either one of these? Of course not. He picks Mali. My knowledge of Mali at this point is quite profound-after in depth studies. And, the information available on the fashion do's and dont's are far and few between!! Where is the People and US Weekly that has the red carpet "Hit and Misses"? Where is Tim Gunn when you need him? Not on the internet or library - at least not that I could find. Finally, we find one - I repeat ONE- picture on the people of ancient Mali. It has been a vast adventure. When the project is finally complete tonight - I will post a pic. Keep Tariq and I in your prayers. The treacherous and trying projects of the third grade are about more than what I can handle. :-)

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I feel for you...I hate school projects...Davis is doing one now where he has to make a character trunk (you learn what from this???) and then in a couple months he has to invent a new cereal!!! Where do they come up with this stuff that the parents always end up doing in the end???